It is currently 17 Jan 2018 22:03

All times are UTC

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: unused member's accounts
Post Number:#1  PostPosted: 22 Jul 2010 14:30 
Site Admin

has any members in the past opened an account and perhaps forgotten their password, email address or username and had to create a new one ?

i you have or think you have would you be kind enough to let us know as much as possible about it so that it can be disabled.
tom

GiffGaff free sim cards unbeatable payGo tariffs
Click here

Sailor's Home@facebook

Post Number:#2  PostPosted: 22 Jul 2010 18:41 

Custom: Screwdriver
Is it reasonable to presume that if an account has been idle with no postings or no logging on for 30 or maybe 60 days it can be considered defunct?

Post Number:#3  PostPosted: 23 Jul 2010 09:23 

Custom: Screwdriver
OK - so we have to leave them sitting there. I suppose there is only a small overhead involved?

Post Number:#4  PostPosted: 30 Jul 2010 08:09 

Howard not sure if it is of any help but I do remember that back when Tony was running the site he changed hosts and it meant we all had to re-sighn
George

Post Number:#5  PostPosted: 30 Jul 2010 08:26 
Site Admin

hi george. if you had to register again then that wouldn't be the case as the forum backup wasn't brought forward.

what was originally meant was, some lads have simply forgotten a password or changed their email address and found that they were unable to login. this would mean that using any of the original private stuff such as email or password would prevent you from logging in. therefore the use of the same username would also be rejected and you would be forced to create a new account with new login details and username etc, this would then leave the original account dormant and it's these account i want to remove, if any!!

Click here

Sailor's Home@facebook

Post Number:#6  PostPosted: 27 Aug 2014 19:47 

Hi, I can see what every one is saying, I was one of the first when Tony Dwyer started it all, there was some good posting, quite a lot from myself but I run dry, I wont make anything up or talk bull crap. Tom you are doing a great job, but I miss tony. I still like looking through the site if I have anything new I will post it. cheers to everyone, Ernie.

Post Number:#7  PostPosted: 30 Aug 2014 08:04 
Site Admin

i was very disappointed when i seen tony disappear so rapidly but he did tell me that he had enough of talking and i understand as there is only so much that can be said but now that there are fewer there's less of waxing lyrical. i will say SH has a few pretty good members and you still need a thick skin.

eg reg looking up some of stories.....geoff like variables including looking up his and reg's family tree but when they shook them reg got royal connections and got nuts... ron B does picture repair, brian does collection and stories..... vikki dislikes rednecks....Les worries about his wallet so protects it from all weathers and light.....george and myself weep over our footy teams

it will never be like MN or SN but the fellas we have are good and have a good laugh too

P.S how's the hip?

Click here

Sailor's Home@facebook

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]