It is currently 21 Aug 2017 15:59

All times are UTC

Page 384 of 389 [ 7778 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 381, 382, 383, 384, 385, 386, 387 ... 389  Next
 Post subject: Re: good morning!
Post Number:#7661  PostPosted: 14 Apr 2017 14:50 
Site Admin

g'day all.

les, looks like you heard right about trump dropping the big bomb on muzzie murderers
please to see that the dodgy weather is subsiding geoff and your power was back on i thought you were stainglow cos you didn't now the answer to reg's question too th_lmao1-vi.gif

how about this for well altered animation

GiffGaff free sim cards unbeatable payGo tariffs
Click here

Sailor's Home@facebook

Post Number:#7662  PostPosted: 14 Apr 2017 20:10 
Site Admin

Custom: The Farter
Quote:
i thought you were stainglow cos you didn't now the answer to reg's question too th_lmao1-vi.gif
Attachment:
finger.jpg
th_lmao1-vi.gif th_lmao1-vi.gif th_lmao1-vi.gif
Off out again helping our mate in Edgecumbe. all the officials are running around like a load of headless chooks.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Number:#7663  PostPosted: 16 Apr 2017 23:44 

Custom: That is the way the mop flops
It is good to see that you got through it all okay mate. Did you do the same as I when purchasing this place. Checked out how far above sea level and also that it was on the high point of the area as well as no bush surrounding that could be a fire hazard. Winter is setting in with a vengance I have developed a cold and feeling the below twenties temps severly I can tell you. Now all those that where complaining about the warm weather are now getting their own back on me LOL. Yep rugged up already and the only concession is the thongs. Mind you the slippers came out real quick and yes I do wear them out shopping locally. Think that the cyclonic weather might be nearly over mate so now for you to enjoy burning all those logs you chopped earlier on hey. Well the holiday season is nearly over and only got to get through the Anzac week end next week then all back to normal. Do you have the same problem as here when the shops close for a day. There is just utter panic the day before and the one after. Wonder how they would have got on years ago when they shut for the weekend and early closing on a wed.

MY GALLERY COLLECTION

Post Number:#7664  PostPosted: 17 Apr 2017 02:14 
Site Admin

Afternoon all.
Yes Les did all those things but we still got hammered in the 2005 Matata floods, even the locals who had lived here for generations had never seen it or heard of it happening before.
Now its Edgecumbes turn to flood, poor buggers streets piled high with everything soaked and contaminated with water from the sewerage. About 30 houses decimated the rest of the 600 homes are from flooded land to 1 1/2 metres up the walls.
As for the cyclones who would have thought we would get two of them within a week? Lucky for us they went past very quickly otherwise most of NZ would be in the chit
Most of our temps are still in the high teens so its mild for us so far. Still in shorts and tees and very rarely do i put on socks and shoes. mind you ive been in gum boots and leggings for the last week.
as for Easter shop openings it chaos over here, the government handed over that to the local councils to sort out last year you can imagine what its like. it was much easier when we were shut Good Friday and Monday. It used to be dont come to NZ on the weekend as were closed. th_lmao1-vi.gif Anzac were closed to mid day.

Post Number:#7665  PostPosted: 17 Apr 2017 21:09 
Site Admin

mornink all.
Having a well earned rest day from the flood, all the work that can be done has been done now its in the lap of the insurance assessors. Makes one like me who is a natural scrounger to see all the stuff thats being thrown out. th_lmao1-vi.gif Tools etc (expensive ones) just being dumped as they got wet. We still have to get into our mates work studio, she used to sell via internet beads and jewelry stuff, she estimates around $ 80k worth of stock and we cant get to any of it as the studio and stock are condemned and classed as toxic. Looks like its just going to be bulldozed over, worst part is the stock was not insured so she,s going to lose out on that stuff.
weather clear blue shy and around 22c.sorry les we are going to hug as much of that :sunny as we can.

Post Number:#7666  PostPosted: 19 Apr 2017 23:19 

good luck mate and happy scrounging as found out in the past that there are plenty of good stuff to be had especially from those fully insured and wanting to update to better shite mate. Unfortunatly those that really need the help usually get short change from the insurance mob. Not complaining if you keep the currant bun for a while yet mate as getting used to being in long gear now but like yourself do not like putting anything on the tatties other than a thong. Best of luck with the weather mate and thinking of you all over there. See I can do fecking compassion for those that think I can not LOL.

MY GALLERY COLLECTION

Post Number:#7667  PostPosted: 20 Apr 2017 04:55 

Custom: LORD REGINALD OF THE MANOR!
unfortunate for me it looks like I shall have to spend a week or two at one of these
Centre Hospitalier
Hôpital de Magenta
Magenta, Nouméa, New Caledonia
Albert-Bousquet Specialized Hospital
Nouville, New Caledonia
I have developed a frozen shoulder, (And we all know what caused that)
The hospital I attend will depend on the location of the doctor.
There is no operation. just intensive therapy.
Reg

Last edited by rbrewr on 20 Apr 2017 09:48, edited 1 time in total.

Click here for live webcam on New Caledonia
Thaithyme

Post Number:#7668  PostPosted: 20 Apr 2017 08:53 
Site Admin

Sorry to hear that sir Reg, lets hope all goes well for you.
In the meantime a trick that Le Les told me about. (And we all know what caused that)
If you sit on your left hand until it goes to sleep, then use that hand it feels like somebody else doing it. th_lmao1-vi.gif th_lmao1-vi.gif

Post Number:#7669  PostPosted: 24 Apr 2017 07:58 
Site Admin

morning all.
don't envy you m'Lord, over my life i have had both shoulder fixed with that and it's incredibly painful indeed the first one lasted for almost three years before one doctor decided to to give me injections into various places of the shoulder joint, the second time it lasted for 18 months but was only injected twice. i was sent to physiotherapy for manipulation over a period of 4 to 5 moths and all that done was to aggravate it and. second time therapy was more like go home and do this exercise with a giant rubber band WHAT BULLSHIT !!! eventually i insisted on the jabs and it went within 4 weeks so if they are giving you physio my advice is demand the jabs yes it hurts but like sparrow sex m'Lord it's over damned quick :lmao:

had some vehicular activity at 03.40 this mornng. a bang awoke me but wasn't sure if it was a dream or exploding head syndrome again, i laid still for s few seconds then can came another i jumped out of bed to see a 4wd reversing without lights and then take off down the street. being dark i couldn't make out any damage to other cars so turned in again, as i lay i could hear an engine getting closer then came another bang jumped up once more and seen the same 4wd reversing from the rear of a small white van then came his 4th shot at it he rammed the rear of the van it mounted the curb and was smashed into the gable end of a house then calmly the 4wd drove off dow the street once more without lights. in daylight damage is plain to see, drivers side well countersunk, rear dented and no doubt there will be front damage too but i cant see that from here.

weather turned crap this last week air is quite cold so on the cloudy days it's pretty cold, today and tomorrow we can expect snow, hail and sleet showers arriving from the north so merchant42 is quite likely to be already wearing his wellies.

Click here

Sailor's Home@facebook

Post Number:#7670  PostPosted: 24 Apr 2017 23:11 

Sounds like someone had the tom tits with whoever owned that van mate. Either they had gone out or else realised that whoever was damaging the van where seeking their attention and wanting them to show themselves. Then again it could be the wrong address and could have been intended for your neighbour mate LOL. All back to normal today as took the boys back yesterday so kicking back today as the eight hour round trip seems to take its toll on me lately or it could be the early morning start with getting over the shock that there are two 5 O'clocks in the day. Mind you do miss the little buggers and their antics with one another. Real proper boys for sure as clothes sense is still to kick in to the extent that even the son cringes at what they choose to wear. Example? Told the youngest one to put his shorts in the wash as they where so dirty only to see the second one heading down the street in the morning wearing them LOL. Takes one back to their own childhood hey. Dirty with bits of bark of the body and a touch of claret oozing out with a smile on the old boat race that Mr Sheen can not wipe of.

MY GALLERY COLLECTION

Post Number:#7671  PostPosted: 25 Apr 2017 20:33 
Site Admin

Mornink all.
Feeling washed out and grumpy this morning, in a word nackered. been working for the past few weeks in Edgecumbe helping out where i can and after all this time nothing seems be be getting done . Council are still dragging their heels and scratching their heads. Insurance companies are saying one thing and changing their minds halfway through, so that they dont have to pay out. ba**ards. .

Post Number:#7672  PostPosted: 26 Apr 2017 01:30 

Mate when it comes to forking out money from the trough you can be positive that it will take more than a fecking earthquake of cyclone to free the money up. Now the surveys and reports will have to be done which of course will entail overseas trips to do feasability studies for the benefit of the constiuents. Mind you they will definatly be there patting the voulenteers shoulders for a job well done just make sure you keep one hand on the wallet when they do it.

MY GALLERY COLLECTION

Post Number:#7673  PostPosted: 26 Apr 2017 19:18 
Site Admin

Les , its already started, see what you make of this statement issued by the council

Bay of Plenty Regional Council has approved $700,000 towards supporting people affected by this month’s eastern Bay of Plenty flood event.
The decision was made at yesterday’s (SUBS: Thursday 20 April) full council meeting.
Bay of Plenty Regional Council Chairman Doug Leeder said $500,000 has been provided to assist flood affected residents, however the way in which these funds will be distributed is still to be decided.
In addition, the Regional Council has approved up to $200,000 towards the set up and operation of Whakatāne District Council’s Recovery Office.
The Regional Council will also provide in-kind contribution, such as staff that may be required in the recovery office.
$200.000 to set up an office? and then another contribution IN KIND (IE $200,000) for staff etc

Post Number:#7674  PostPosted: 27 Apr 2017 00:37 

Yes mate got to make sure that the office is created and manned with so many beaucrats that it is impossible to fulfill a simple application so that the intial $700.000 is spent on administration costs but at least those in need will have the satisfaction that they where at least instrumental in creating more positions within the council. Hence why I only give to Kiva as the money goes to the person not some fecking anus wipe furthering their own interest.

MY GALLERY COLLECTION

Post Number:#7675  PostPosted: 27 Apr 2017 07:02 
Site Admin

git moaning :pirate:

thrust back into winter here with snow, hail and sleet with some places having temeratures as low as -5c at night and early morning with winds varying from nw to ne and noothing from the south then again where i live a easterly south eastlery are often still quite cold.
with all that moaning gone we have to be thankful that we done suffer quakes anf fires although there are many places suffer with floods. after the floods people endured over the last 2 to 3 years some homes are still not back in order due to unscrupulous insurance practice policies and builders out for a killing have sh** on the poor victims again not only that they are getting away with it too.

Weather Today
High 11 Low 3 °C

Click here

Sailor's Home@facebook

Post Number:#7676  PostPosted: 27 Apr 2017 22:21 

You are right in a way Thomarse about the insurance companies as we also suffer that here with them but to be fair the ones that really screw those in need are the ones that make claims on their insurance that are over the top. There are opportunists in every tragity for sure. It is these people that cause delays processing claims. Can not believe that I just wrote that myself. Mate I sympathise with you about the cold snap as we are entering the low temps here ourselves with the longs coming out of storage and looks like the shorts are taking there place in the box. Feck I hate winters but think that you all have an inkling that is the case with me. This year is the first time that we go into autumn where my lawn is still green and not a pleasant shade of dead brown so got to fire up the mower and edger for another round of cutting the bloody grass. Wonder how Stumpy is going with his ride on or if it still needs half an hour of swearing to get it to start LOL

MY GALLERY COLLECTION

Post Number:#7677  PostPosted: 28 Apr 2017 20:39 
Site Admin

Good mornink all.
Your so right there with insurance co some are just rip off artists as are some of the builders they use. We were lucky with ours in the 2005 debris flood, they couldnt do enough for us. Yet others were not so lucky and are still fighting for there property. Edgecumbe is just the same, people were told to dump everything that was water damaged because it was contaminated with sewerage.Most of the people took that advice and cleared out their house compleatly, everything went out into the skips, now some of the insurance companies are saying it should have been only soft furnishings and furniture and not the hard stuff that could have been cleaned. The two worst ones are TOWER and AMI. so if you have then as insurers i would suggest you change to another company ASAP. The other problems are the councils and other emergency bods they are all going in different directions. You have the local council, district council,government from wellington,civil defense, EQC, and the emergency response management team. and thats only a few of them. It just one big feck up.
weaters been good to us with sunny days and chilly nights 22c to 10c. Though today is forecast for rain and its drizzling now.
As for our grass cutting i havent done it for two weeks and its getting long so ill have to drag out the ride on mower, the mowers going well Les, no problems so far, starts on the first turn of the key. mind you its a good quality one this time Viking made by stihl. But if it starts to feck up ill know exactly who to blame for putting an hex on it.

Post Number:#7678  PostPosted: 28 Apr 2017 21:46 

Key start you fecking whimp be a man and get a cord start. Found that the more they try to make things easier the more bloody things that can go wrong and usually something like a fine wire shorting out. Just look at modern cars to prove my point.

MY GALLERY COLLECTION

Post Number:#7679  PostPosted: 29 Apr 2017 00:36 
Site Admin

Nar key start everytime Les, beats pulling that cord .
But theres one question you might be able to answer,, Do you mow your lawns in the dark?? Then why do they put HEADLIGHTS on a ride on mowers? HAHAHA

Post Number:#7680  PostPosted: 30 Apr 2017 12:48 
Site Admin

River bar early morning around 0730. By the time I got around to grabbing the phone screenshot the colours went through various shades of pink

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Click here

Sailor's Home@facebook

Page 384 of 389 [ 7778 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 381, 382, 383, 384, 385, 386, 387 ... 389  Next