It is currently 15 Dec 2017 06:17

All times are UTC

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Uruguay v England
Post Number:#1  PostPosted: 19 Jun 2014 21:58 
Site Admin

England eventually turned up for the game after an hour despite the odd close one. they have to be the worst team i have seen since 1994, little fluency and band connection. they could read sterling and sturridge like a book and smuthered england quickly in many parts of the game.

Uraguay were certainly not the team that played costa rica or england made them look way better than they were

GiffGaff free sim cards unbeatable payGo tariffs
Click here

Sailor's Home@facebook

Post subject: Re: Uruguay v England
Post Number:#2  PostPosted: 20 Jun 2014 10:31 

Must agree Tom, For me England's problems stem from the formation of the Premier League, as it stifles the progress of England's youth. And with the bulk of football monies going to that league, the other leagues below them don't have the finances to develop the young local lads that they did before. I know football has changed but if you compare the 66 cup winning team to the one we have to-day I think people will understand what I mean, Banks verses Hart, Grieves verses Rooney, (Grieve's never played don't forget), and so on it goes. Another problem that I see is to much organised kids football, and it hurts me to say that. Yet most of the world greats started in the back streets, or any piece of spare ground they could fined, put down some coats for goals then proceed to kick seven bails out of each other, but they learned to duck and dive, along with there natural skills. Then the better Kids would get picked for the school teams, were the local clubs would offer apprenticeships to the teenagers they thought could go on to be professional players,and that in turn would go on to enhance the two top league's, divisions 1 & 2 plus the National side. Now all we have is coached kids who don't have the skill to think properly once things don't go the way the coach has taught them. I think one of the finest of examples of what I am trying to explain is the late great George Best
George

Post Number:#3  PostPosted: 21 Jun 2014 07:36 

Tom as an after thought will Sunderland make Poyett pay for his Countryman's infidelity, Only kidding
George

Post Number:#4  PostPosted: 21 Jun 2014 08:08 
Site Admin

:lmao: :lmao: if anything it should be an encouragement george ;footy ;footy

expect the worst but hope for the best england flag :P that way it doesn't hurt so much ;boxer ;boxer ;boxer
with england i have come to

GiffGaff free sim cards unbeatable payGo tariffs
Click here

Sailor's Home@facebook

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]