It is currently 22 Nov 2017 07:01

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: Frank Halliwell
Post Number:#1  PostPosted: 01 Jun 2009 04:53 

Custom: That is the way the mop flops
I was wondering if any one knows the where abouts of Frank Halliwell. I was on the Newcastle Star with him and we both ended up as guests of her Majesty in Adelaide and when flown to rejoin the ship he decided to stay in Sydney. We met up again when I jumped the Southland Star. Frank jumped about June 68 and I jumped about Feb 69. We worked on the Mort Dock wharf with its construction. I do believe that he may have returned to Liverpool and as there seems to be quite a few scousers on site that one of you may know either Frank or his family and in so doing find out where he now lives. I can be contacted at this email address lraw@bigpond.com any more details I can provide. He will know me when reminded about the incident with a crab whinch on a punt at Mort Dock.

MY GALLERY COLLECTION

Post subject: Re: Frank Halliwell
Post Number:#2  PostPosted: 15 Jun 2009 00:37 

Custom: The Quizz Master
les i have put his name to everyone i know from careering to deck, who still have a drink around the town of lpool. i would personally be delighted, to put you in touch with your mate frank. i wont give up les i will keep his name alive in the city, if he is still around mate these guys will find him. best wishes les your scouse mate terry. just had a few days in north wales. gr8 mate chat soon islandmann.

Post Number:#3  PostPosted: 15 Jun 2009 07:16 

Thank you Terry you are a true mate. Just hope he does not think I am after him for any money otherwise there will be no possible way that I would find him in Liverpool. As an aside have you run into Ike lately to find out if it was him on the Port Macquarie and I have a feeling that he ringbolted back to Liverpool from Montreal while we where there. Could be wrong as so many jumped of that ship that I believe it was only the old man and chief engineer that finished the trip.

MY GALLERY COLLECTION

Post Number:#4  PostPosted: 05 Jul 2009 13:15 

Les you got no worries there mate, he wouldnt recognise you??????????? no hair, teeth, and dont forget your liver count was 50 then, what is it now one hundred and what?????????? LMAO good luck mate terry.

Post Number:#5  PostPosted: 05 Jul 2009 13:32 

Ernie you seem to know most from the north end if not more than i do.do you remember nobby halliwell? he was a good friend of my old mans/he also was a good friend of the late charlie berry, marsh lane ,who you no doubt remember. he lived on church road seaforth , a stones throw from the gladstone. thats the family i have approached along with one other. but do you remember if he had a relative frank? regards ernie terry.

Post Number:#6  PostPosted: 05 Jul 2009 23:07 

I really appreciate that mate. Now I am going to show you how stupid I can be. When you and I are asking about Frank it gets me thinking that how could any one that uses this site possibly know him as he is so much younger than the rest of us. Just goes to show how we only remember those from the past as they where and not as to how they would be today. How did you know all that about my condition you scouse bugger. You have heard that old saying that you can not take it with you so why the bloody hell would we try and keep everything in pristine condition. Just look at all that work we used to do keeping the ships free of rust and all the gear working and they still scrapped them LOL

MY GALLERY COLLECTION

Post Number:#7  PostPosted: 06 Jul 2009 00:30 

i wont give up on him les i could get some good news anytime mate .i only hope for your sake he is still alive and kicking.as you say les you only as young as the woman you feel? ;) terry.

Post Number:#8  PostPosted: 06 Jul 2009 17:42 

Terry I have a mate Joe Gallallgher who lives in Seaforth I will ask him on thursday he will enquire around for you. cheers Ernie.

Post Number:#9  PostPosted: 06 Jul 2009 22:41 

cheers ernie i would like to get a result on this for les well appreciated ernie terry, les reckons he lived in bertie st bootle? it has to be either percy st ? or beartrice st ? i dont think there was a bertie street. cheers ern good health mate terry. ;)

Post Number:#10  PostPosted: 06 Jul 2009 22:44 

i meant to mention ernie i have eddy dean. and abbo, both ex cunard yanks also in seaforth asking around. someone must remember him. cheers ern. terry ;)

Post Number:#11  PostPosted: 08 Jul 2009 00:00 

My thanks to you all for this.

MY GALLERY COLLECTION

Post Number:#12  PostPosted: 11 May 2010 01:15 

O.K Lads i have found franks brother and sister they did live in Bertie st off knowsley road. There was frank, David, and Joan, i have also found out that they moved to skem new town, Im in touch with a very good friend of franks brother David and he thinks he has a contact for Joan the sister, so fingers crossed we will have a result shortly. I sincerely hope to reunite you Les with your long lost scouse buddy Regards mate Terry. :drunk2:

Post Number:#13  PostPosted: 11 May 2010 04:33 

Thank you for that Terry I just hope he remembers our times in Adelaide Prison, Newcastle Star together and working on the construction of Mort Dock in Balmain NSW. We do have a colourful past that is for sure.

MY GALLERY COLLECTION

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ]