It is currently 22 Nov 2017 06:59

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: tyrone
Post Number:#1  PostPosted: 08 Feb 2009 16:04 

tyrone,was my first ship i sailed on her august 1958.
to the states and new zealand.
are there any old crew members from that
voyage still around.
all the best,
cargoman :roll:

Post subject: Re: tyrone
Post Number:#2  PostPosted: 12 Feb 2009 17:23 

Did any one go to the Vindi reunion last August. stan

Post Number:#3  PostPosted: 13 Feb 2009 16:06 

whats a vindi reunion,got to do with me looking for mates on the tyrone.

Post Number:#4  PostPosted: 13 Feb 2009 17:45 

sorry, just a light hearted enquiry. stan

Post Number:#5  PostPosted: 14 Feb 2009 00:36 

Custom: That is the way the mop flops
Stan me thinks that one has a sense of humour that the other does not possess. Ouch

MY GALLERY COLLECTION

Post Number:#6  PostPosted: 14 Feb 2009 11:39 

oh dear les,one has got a sense of humour,after all we have to put up with these remarks.
but i still do not understand,when i was looking for old shipmates from the tyrone what it has to with ,did i go to the vindi reunion.
surely this would be a seperate posting.
or is one on the wrong track,

Post Number:#7  PostPosted: 15 Feb 2009 17:19 

The reason I mentioned the Vindi reunion was that I have come across quite afew ex shipmates by going to various reunions and maybe someone who wen't last August could have been of help to you in your search. stan

Post Number:#8  PostPosted: 16 Feb 2009 13:55 

Cagoman, I have a mate Billy Bowers who was on the Limerick and the Galway as bosun, he was many years with them, so he may have been on the Tyrone. I will ask him next time I"m with him.

About the Vindi reunion I was there last year, had a good time met a load of blokes I thought I"d never see again. The weather was a bit wet though.

Post Number:#9  PostPosted: 05 Sep 2012 03:07 

Ernie wrote:
Cagoman, I have a mate Billy Bowers who was on the Limerick and the Galway as bosun, he was many years with them, so he may have been on the Tyrone. I will ask him next time I"m with him.

About the Vindi reunion I was there last year, had a good time met a load of blokes I thought I"d never see again. The weather was a bit wet though.

Hi Ernie Billy Bowers is a good Mate of mine i am still in touch with him and lots of his and my mates from back home..Good bunch of Lads,Was in Tos & jos Harrisons,With them all.cheers Charlie Hannah.

Post Number:#10  PostPosted: 05 Sep 2012 20:22 

Hi Charlie, I see Billy every week at the Eldonian club and the Adelphi on a saturday, always have a good time laughing at our selves mostly. :pirate:

Post Number:#11  PostPosted: 06 Sep 2012 09:01 

Custom: Sailors Home Spinner!
Hello Again,
I'm sorry I've been out of circulation, my computer and laptop could;nt operate properly with the new cable and I had to have a new dongle fitted(is it me or does anyone else find that sentence to be goonish?) Any road up,everything seems to be OK now.
So, I did get to the Vindi this year, the Liverpool lads helped me get there, they also had to bring me home 24 hours later because my system seemed to close down on me. What little time I did spend there was great, met up with some old friends and made some new one's too. I did'nt get time to take many pictures but just managed the few shown here.
The first picture shows the Lads from Liverpool,the chap on the left is a bloke from Southport,did'nt manage to get his name but he was a very nice person,next to him is Richie Bradshaw,an old shipmate from the Saxonia(the cargo boat) next to Richie s Billy Seddon, AKA Billy Whizz. I'm standing next to Billy and Don Crellin,the chairman of the Liverpool Vindi Association,is standing next to me.
Attachment:
1-P1010940.JPG

In the second picture we have John Price from Aldridge and our very own Stan Mass. I had a very happy half hour with them spinning a few yarns.
Attachment:
1-P1010941.JPG

The last picture shows Clancy(Colin Twine) having a natter with his old mate Ken Backhouse. It was lovely to spend such a short time in such splendiferous company,roll on 2013.
Attachment:
1-P1010943.JPG

BrianD

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Number:#12  PostPosted: 08 Sep 2012 01:27 

Ernie wrote:
Hi Charlie, I see Billy every week at the Eldonian club and the Adelphi on a saturday, always have a good time laughing at our selves mostly. :pirate:

Sent you an e- mail Ernie.

Post Number:#13  PostPosted: 09 Jun 2014 04:46 

Ernie wrote:

Hi Ernie sorry i didn't get back sooner been keeping busy lately!I sailed with Billy years ago we had a good bunch of lads with us keep in touch with them through Billy and ronnie Mily the duck.Billy
hasn't been to good lately he is not long out of hospital,i Have a chat to him every now and then.I also so receive and send emails to Ronnie.

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ]