It is currently 27 Jun 2017 22:34

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Brian Daley
Post Number:#1  PostPosted: 05 Aug 2016 13:42 

Custom: Sailors Home Spinner!
Hello everyone, this is Jo - Brian's daughter, I just wanted to let you know that he had quite a nasty stroke last week and is in hospital. I know how much he loves hearing from friends and just wanted to say that if anyone would like to message him, I can read it out to him in hospital. Hope you're all well, take care

Post subject: Re: Brian Daley
Post Number:#2  PostPosted: 05 Aug 2016 15:08 
Site Admin

thank you very much for letting us know about your dad.

well brian me ole mate seems that that your not happy with the health problems you already had so you went and got another to add to your C.V.
i have to say it was a great shock to hear of this damned stroke you have just been hit with and no doubt when the other scurvy crew see this post your girl posted they too will be very shocked.

you will need to be very patient with your recovery as we here look forward to your wonderful threads on Sailors home more so with your continuing story of A liverpool lad and those collections of poster art of ships, personally i loved to see that jolly roger avatar in the new posts list as it was a guarantee of something good to see or read so we shall will you to get back to your normal cheerful articulate self.

you have six months to to work on your recovery mate as there will be lot's of disappointed little'ns waiting for santa :sleigh: so get cracking the whip [Clint.gif] and do some [arsekiss] to make sure that you get the best from those doctors and nurses in there.

now jo will keep us informed of your progress and physio. i phoned your house but i guess you have had the number changed.

get well soon brian and god bless you mate [merchflag]

GiffGaff free sim cards unbeatable payGo tariffs
Click here

Sailor's Home@facebook

Post Number:#3  PostPosted: 05 Aug 2016 20:30 
Site Admin

Custom: The Farter
hi Jo.
Thanks for letting us know about the old fella.
The things people do to get out of old mans Sunday inspection, but baring in mind that he is in the sick bay the old man is making an exception for him this one time only. He,s still expecting the decks to be swabbed, bunk made up with clean linen and he doesn't want to find anymore playboy mags tucked under your pillow.
Get well soon Brian. from all down under in the Land of the big white cloud.
Attachment:
jab2.gif

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Number:#4  PostPosted: 05 Aug 2016 23:12 

Custom: That is the way the mop flops
Looking forward to your resumption on site mate. Might try to get in touch with the hospital to make sure they get the worst looking nurses to tend to you otherwise can see you swinging the lead. Will make sure that no one else picks your chipping hammer or pot of red lead mate. Just remember that old saying about going blind if to many strokes are pulled hey. Maybe this is gods way of warning you to stop thinking about past exploits in foreign ports LOL.

MY GALLERY COLLECTION

Post Number:#5  PostPosted: 06 Aug 2016 08:18 

Custom: LORD REGINALD OF THE MANOR!
Hi Bro Brian.
You have always characterized yourself as a person with a lot of will power, so I am sure that you will recover soon enough. Take care of yourself and follow the doctor’s recommendations. See you on the forum soon.
From your Friend of many years... Reg :wave;

Click here for live webcam on New Caledonia
Thaithyme

Post Number:#6  PostPosted: 06 Aug 2016 14:21 

Custom: Sailors Home Spinner!
Hi guys, its Jo again - thanks for your messages, they really made him smile haha. He fell asleep before he could respond properly but he did say it was lovely of you and to thank you all :D He has pneumonia now as well, hopefully all those years at sea have toughened him up enough to fight it! Take care

Post Number:#7  PostPosted: 06 Aug 2016 16:30 
Site Admin

Email from Phil Hughes

Hi,
I’ve just seen the message from Brian’s daughter regarding his stroke and I’m sad to hear of it. I hope it’s not a major stroke and he still has the ability to communicate with family and friends. Please pass on the very best wishes of all in the Independent Vindicatrix of East Kent to him in the hope he makes a good recovery soon.
Regards,
Phil Hughes, (Secretary).

email form Christopher Doyle

Hi Brian I was really shocked when Sue told Joan and me that you had a stroke,I know you was looking forward to our trip to the Vindy, there will always be next year. Hope you get well soon good luck and God bless. Chris.
Sent from my iPad

Click here

Sailor's Home@facebook

Post Number:#8  PostPosted: 06 Aug 2016 21:57 

Jo sorry to hear about Brian, I hope he is getting better he has had his share of problems.
Ernie.

Post Number:#9  PostPosted: 08 Aug 2016 14:52 

Jo,

It`s been so long since I did any posting [I`m 84 and in very bad health myself] that having come across your post concerning Brians stroke, I`d completely forgotten how to navigate back to it. So...I simply sent Brian an email, which probably wasn`t the best thing to do. Anyway I do hope you will look it up and read it to him. It`s important to me Jo as I did very much value Brians posts and often told him so. Just as he used to heap great praise on my own seafaring poetry.

Obviously I have now navigated back to your post and can now only offer my regards and sincerely hope that Brian mends well, he is so much respected by many. Really !!!

Regards.

kjay/seafarer./Ken

Last edited by tomrca on 09 Aug 2016 18:37, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: changed poster kjay to Trampship man

Post Number:#10  PostPosted: 19 Aug 2016 22:08 
Site Admin

Has anyone heard how Brian is doing?

Click here

Sailor's Home@facebook

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]