It is currently 18 Nov 2017 23:03

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
Post Number:#1  PostPosted: 13 Jul 2011 18:12 

My Father was called Jim Davis-since he was Irish he got 'Paddy' for a nickname- After he left the RAF he joined the Mercantile Marine and served on the cargo vessel Beaconfield which was supplying troops during the Korean War- whilst serving with the Beaconfield in West Africa in 1955 he earned the Royal Humane Society's Testimonial on Vellum for Bravery. He attempted to save the life of a young shipmate who had fallen overboard from a native canoe- Can anyone remember anything about this -or would have any photos of the crew members I would really like to hear from you.Thanks

Post Number:#2  PostPosted: 15 Jul 2011 20:12 
Site Admin

first of all welcome to sailors home MaggiT and i hope that there will be someone around that can help you.

tom :thumbsupp:

GiffGaff free sim cards unbeatable payGo tariffs
Click here

Sailor's Home@facebook

Post Number:#3  PostPosted: 03 Aug 2011 10:09 

Shame if Beaconsfield was in UK then might able to help you there because i work at Sainsbury's!

Post Number:#4  PostPosted: 07 Feb 2013 21:20 

Custom: LORD REGINALD OF THE MANOR!
MaggiT wrote:
My Father was called Jim Davis-since he was Irish he got 'Paddy' for a nickname- After he left the RAF he joined the Mercantile Marine and served on the cargo vessel Beaconfield which was supplying troops during the Korean War- whilst serving with the Beaconfield in West Africa in 1955 he earned the Royal Humane Society's Testimonial on Vellum for Bravery. He attempted to save the life of a young shipmate who had fallen overboard from a native canoe- Can anyone remember anything about this -or would have any photos of the crew members I would really like to hear from you.Thanks

Hi MaggiT.
Could you give your fathers Date of Birth, what part of Ireland was he born, any other information have; If you like you can send it by PM.
Reg.

Click here for live webcam on New Caledonia
Thaithyme

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]